Title: Dev Manager
Contract to Hire
The Application Development Manager is a hands-on role responsible for leading one or two software development teams and their projects. We are looking for a leader with strong technical skills and people management skills. This position will be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of our unified customer experience UI, a highly visible, collaborative development effort involving multiple teams, host systems, and technologies.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of a software development team, inclusive of staff oversight, team goal setting, performance reviews, staff augmentation, and mentoring of team members
- Leads technical discussions collaborate with other technologists, architects, and infrastructure experts
- Reviews software designs, pseudo-code, and programs to ensure adherence to Business requirements, architecture principles, quality, and security standards.
- Organizes troubleshooting discussions, code fixes, and rapid response to production issues
- Leads the development team from the frontlines, participates in Scrum ceremonies, helps remove roadblocks, adheres to Agile practices
- Helps with budget planning and capacity planning
- Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed
- Proactively identifies system improvement opportunities, embraces a culture of innovation and continuous improvement
- Responsible for people processes including hiring, mentoring and performance reviews
- Provide leadership to team by communicating vision, strategies and objectives to employees
- Works closely with Project Managers and Scrum Masters, ensures timely and successful completion of software development projects and other deliverables.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business or related field or equivalent experience
- Ten+ years of experience in software development with some years of people management responsibilities
Required Knowledge and Skill
- Strong familiarity with multi-tiered client-server application architecture
- Familiarity with AWS and Azure Cloud technologies.
- Project management skills, familiarity with Scrum practices.
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience is required
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with customers, team members, other teams and senior management
- Ability to lead and coach others
- Possesses advanced technical and analytical skills required to diagnose, isolate and resolve problems
- Drives to Win- Possesses sustained energy to set and meet challenging objectives; the ability to organize resources to achieve a standard of excellence in outcomes and monitor on-going performance – Advanced
- Communicates Clearly and Effectively- The ability to effectively share ideas, thoughts, information and feelings with a diverse range of audiences to develop two-way understanding; it includes speaking, listening and written communication skills; the ability to influence other towards a desired way of thinking or course of action and to secure agreement to achieve common goals through effective negotiation - Advanced
- Demonstrates Flexibility and Adaptability- Is open and receptive to appropriate change; the ability to manage and shift priorities as required, and to incorporate new approaches in support of changing organizational needs; possesses confidence in challenging the status quo and providing input to change efforts – Advanced
- Focuses on Customer Service- A desire to help or meet the needs of customers; the ability to respond to changing needs of the customer while maintaining a high standard of quality and adhering to company policies, standards, practices and processes - Advanced
- Teamwork- Is able to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with customers and co-workers; able to work cooperatively across organizational boundaries to achieve shared goals; possesses an understanding of team dynamics and provides tangible contributions to teams, fostering collaboration and an environment of mutual trust and respect – Advanced
- Build Relationships- The ability to identify, build and maintain formal and informal networks and productive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders; it includes leveraging these contacts to influence positive outcomes for the business – Advanced
- Develops Self- Maintains a commitment to personal and professional development, keeping abreast of current professional knowledge; is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself – Advanced
- Solve Problems- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; able to think critically; to recognize and anticipate a problem (technical, operational, process, organizational) and to identify and implement the best solution in a timely manner – Advanced
- Managers and Executes on Projects- Establishes plans and manages resources to ensure work is completed efficiently, on time and on budget – Advanced
- Acts with integrity and Demonstrates Ethical Behavior- Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in ones motives and representations and those of the organization; is seen as direct, truthful, keeps confidences, promises and commitments; acts in an honest and trustworthy manner based on personal accountability and moral conviction to do the right thing - Advanced