Sr. Systems Engineer (DevSecOps - Infrastructure/Network)
Location: Rockville, Maryland
Duration: 6+ Months
- Responsible for managing infrastructure environments including failover operations, reporting operations, maintenance, and resource planning, providing System Administration/Engineering support for an enterprise-level and development system comprised of windows and Linux platforms, and support the upgrade of hardware and software.
- Engineer, implement, configure, optimize, troubleshoot, resolve, test, maintain, and upgrade the platforms used to support day-to-day operations.
- Solid understanding of core infrastructure and services supporting like Active Directory, VMWare, Windows Server, Anti-Virus, Routing, and Switching.
- Must demonstrate technical experience in managing systems in virtual environments (such as VMware), cloud (such as Azure), and Windows/Linux clusters.
- Ensure systems are kept in a required configuration profile, including, but not limited to: Patch maintenance Changes as required by an evolution of production environments, updating hardware and software configurations.
- Understanding security policies, scans, and vulnerability remediation
- Knowledge of monitoring an IT environment a plus (datacenters, applications, uptime reports, service metrics)
- Solid understanding of Windows Server and suite of Server products including Systems Center, Active Directory, SQL Server, Cluster Failover and Recovery, IIS, Exchange, and Office 365.
- Available for off-hours on-call support or emergency support as needed.
- Perform period patching of systems using tools such as HEAT.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software configuration problems.
- Recommend and execute modifications to windows and Linux systems to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
- Willing to embrace new technologies and adopt DevSecOps principles.
- Must be able to host and maintain infrastructure in virtualized and cloud environments.
- Ability to perform design, build, and implementation of automation tools and Infrastructure as Code, including Ansible, Cloud Formations, or Terraform.
- Experience with tools/services such as Splunk.
- Must be familiar with Environment automation technologies (Both On-Premise and Cloud) and be able to engineer solutions to support program growth
- Experience in one or more automation languages (PowerShell, Python, C#, Open Source) desired.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience is required.
- Must have 6 years· experience in Windows OS administration
- Requires at least 6 years of experience working with system hardware
- Hands-on experience building Windows and Linux Server(s)
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft server technologies and Windows administration
- Practical experience building and configuring VMWare ESXi/Vsphere
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills in working with technical and non-technical people teams and the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships among all levels of an organization.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Prior experience documenting supports all activities, creating internal documentation including Standard Operating Procedures