- 5-10 years of Protocol test experience
- Knowledge/background in software industry products/services/applications, with in-depth knowledge of Microsoft's products/services/applications preferred.
- Must possess strong cross team/group/org collaboration skills; ability to foresee and analyze project risks, develop risk management plan and mitigate subsequent issues.
- The ideal candidate will have high-powered analytical skills and the ability to understand concepts and situations that pass by many others.
- Specialized knowledge as defined by project required.
- Must have excellent communication skills, experience working with external vendors, strong project management skills, and demonstrated success in adult learning and training principles/skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Cellular protocol stack testing ( WCDMA and LTE) , preferably on Windows OS.
- Hands-on experience and Expert knowledge of 3GPP ( UMTS & LTE) Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocol and call processing , testing and creating test cases using equipment such as Anritsu 8475, CMW 500, Keysight performance and conformance systems and Spirent AGPS systems.
- Good knowledge on the 3G/4G protocol debugging tools debug lab and field issues on connectivity, data throughout.
- Ability to reproduce the field problems by creating simulated test cases on the any of the above test equipment.
- Working knowledge of Windows UMDF/KMDF Drivers for Modems preferably USB based modem over MBIM Protocol, NDIS mini port drivers.
- Hands-on Experience in executing and debugging carrier test cases such as Telecommunication, Telecommunication across various specifications.
- Automation level coding experience in C# , Python and power shell scripting. Test automation using Anritsu ( SSM ) Keysight ( TAP )
- Good understanding of the Mobile Operators requirements and approval process.
- Self motivation to learn new features and technologies and deliver high quality results.
Wireless Protocol Test Engineer is responsible for
- Creating Protocol test scenarios ( UMTS+LTE) across all the procedure that comply to 3GPP and Carrier requirements.
- Able to identify the User experience KPIs and tests based on the product specification.
- Debug latencies in various layers in protocol stack, Hardware interface that impact the power and performance.
- Identifying the KPIs that will impact the power and performance and define test methods to uncover the issues.
- Define details test plans and approach for testing, developing test tools to achieve the same.
- Windows User mode and kernel mode driver knowledge for networking devices ( Wi-Fi, LTE).
- Plan the test approach and scope, write test