Windows Systems Engineer
- Provides expertise in requirements gathering and solution design.
- Deep understanding on Windows Active Directory, PowerShell Automation as primary skills.
- Drives standardization and best practices for the design and implementation of services in the server environment.
- Builds and releases Windows services in the enterprise.
- Proposes and creates business cases for new solutions to satisfy internal and customer requests.
- Provides expertise and guidance for building highly available systems and disaster recovery solutions.
- Provides consulting and technical direction to TFS Service Providers supporting the environment with respect to enhancements, upgrades, patching, or run and maintain services.
- Creates and maintains documentation of systems.
- Provides guidance for security controls.
- Provides technical and escalation support to TFS Service Providers.
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with software & hardware vendors to gain product insight, secure technical support and maintain license compliance.
- Provides technical guidance to customers to deliver operationally-sound solutions.
- Leads technical supplier governance activities to ensure systems are maintained and requests are being delivered based on requirements.
- Designs, manages and directs the maintenance of configuration and patch management tools.
- Builds Infrastructure as Code for the operating system platform. terraform
- Writes and maintains code to automate tasks.
Skill / Experience Requirements:
- 5+ years of designing and implementing high availability Windows based infrastructure on physical and Vmware
- • 5+ years experience designing and implementing Vmware clusters
- • 3+ year of experience with AWS technologies (EC2, VPC, RDS, Redshift, EKS, ECS, Fargate, S3, IAM, CloudFormation, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Lambda, ElasticSearch, SNS, SQS, Redshift, SageMaker and Workspaces)
- • Strong knowledge of Microsoft Systems Configuration Manager, Orchestrator, PKI and Powershell
- • 2+ years knowledge of open source technologies including Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, GIT, Artifactory, Jenkins, Chef, Packer, Infrastructure as Code (IaC)