Digital Risk’s mission to Make Mortgages Safe relies on the perfect blending of human experience and state-of-the-art technology to serve its workforce and clients.
Digital Risk’s 1,500+ team members make us one of the largest mortgage outsource providers in the U.S., supplying appraisal and mortgage processing, underwriting and closing to the largest banks and loan originators.
The Underwriter’s primary responsibilities include reviewing mortgage files submitted to Underwriting. This position requires calculating income, analyzing debt and assets, as well as completing an in-depth review of the completed appraisal and title. Additional responsibilities include entering data into the client’s loan operating system, utilizing an automated underwriting system to determine approval and clearing conditions for Final Approval. Candidates must possess a strong sense of urgency with an ability to work in a team environment, maintaining excellent organizational, communication, and PC skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform complete and in-depth review of mortgage loan files including; income, assets, credit and collateral
- Utilize client’s loan operating system to ensure accurate data entry
- Underwrite loans in accordance with client guidelines; utilizing AUS or manual guidelines
- Evaluate and ensure overall loan documents are accurate, complete, and compliant
- Ability to identify and/or clear ref flag or alerts
- Issue loan decision and condition file accordingly
- Review and approve conditions for compliance and completion of loan file
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external clients
- Maintain current knowledge of client and investor requirements
- Resolve pre and post-closing issues as they relate to underwriting
- Assist Processors/Loan Officers in understanding underwriting decisions and conditions
Thorough working knowledge of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac underwriting guidelines and automated underwriting engines (DU/LP) Strong analytic, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills Detail-oriented with strong ability to time manage Ability to work in a flexible and production-oriented environment Must be able to work in a high stress environment while delivering a high-level of customer service Must be willing and able to work as part of a team Strong capability to work in multiple systems - paperless environment Must be willing to work in strict security environment NMLS-MLO Licensure preferred Candidates must be available to work outside of normal business hours when necessary
- Minimum 2+ years current conventional mortgage loan underwriting experience
- o Strong knowledge of income calculations, tax returns, reading credit reports, identifying red flags
- o Basic knowledge of appraisal and ability to recognize red flags and ineligible properties