Bigdata System Architect
- Develop in Big Data architecture, Hadoop stack including Hadoop, Spark and Apache Kafka.
- Experience in data migration from relational databases to Hadoop HDFS
- Must have good understanding of compression and file formats like Parquet
- Good hands-on Java experience
- Application performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Participate in analysis of data stores and help with data analytics
- Assist and support proof of concepts as Big Data technology evolves.
- Ensure solutions developed adhere to security and data entitlements
- Propose best practices/standards
- Translate, load and present disparate data sets in multiple formats/sources including JSON
- Translate functional and technical requirements into detail design
- 8 or more years of experience in building Big data systems
- Must have worked in agile methodology (preferably scrum)
- As a Lead you are responsible for managing a small team of analysts and Testers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate to all project members and stakeholders
- Must be a team player who works well with technical and non-technical resources
- Must be able to see tasks through to completion without significant guidance