Senior DevOps & Cloud Governance Engineer, Industry 4.0
The Senior DevOps & Cloud governance Engineer is responsible for understanding evolving automation and configuration of cloud based technical solutions using DevOps CI/CD pipelines at BrickRed Systems for our Operational Technology needs. This role also responsible for Security/Cost governance of all cloud solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Governance of cloud security by establishing policies, standards and process. Implementation & enforcement of these governance practices in our OT Cloud footprint.
- Design and build DevOps CI/CD pipelines in Azure and AWS clouds to enable automation.
- Conduct performance analysis, optimization, debugging and monitoring of cloud IaaS and PaaS solutions.
- Manage cloud-based infrastructure and PaaS components (Azure IoT Hub, IoT Edge, Data warehouse solutions, Virtual machines, Blob storage, Stream analytics, API gateways, load balancers, Azure SQL, App Services, Azure Functions, Service Bus, EventHub, event Grid, Azure Data factory, Azure Active Directory, Azure Monitor, Expressroute/DirectConnect etc) .
- Drive modern cloud technology solutions rollout (Ex. Kubernetes/Docker/IoT/PowerApps/PowerBI/PowerAutomate)
- Perform Systems Administrator type duties
1) SSH into individual Linux servers to review logs and triage problems
2) leverage monitoring & cloud optimization solutions such as Splunk, New Relic, or other monitoring tools to enable cloud cost optimization and enhance operational efficiencies.
- Learn & stay current on Big Data & Internet of Things developments, news, opportunities, and challenges
- Exceling in working within a data team and with business partners to identify, develop and deliver innovative data solutions
- Strong ability to build and leverage external partners relationships.
- Ability to work independently to complete final output of the research (white papers, concept decks, architectural diagrams).
- Strong verbal and written skills, and ability to clearly articulate information or solution.
- Passionate learner who enjoys education through classroom training and self-discovery on a variety of emerging technologies.
- More than 7+ years of experience in infrastructure solution management/governance/cloud management
- 4 years undergraduate Degree in related field
- Extensive experience working with Infrastructure, DevOps, or Site Reliability
- Experience working in Scrum/Agile environment
- Experience using automation solutions and tools such as ARM Templates, Terraform, Powershell and Azure CLI
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently to support deadlines
- Demonstrate ability to use problem solving techniques such as root cause analysis to resolve issues
- Create documentation and implementation plans to allow support teams to build and manage the internal cloud environment
- Experience in automating Azure infrastructure deployment/ Experience writing Infrastructure-as-Code
- Experience in Cloud governance and security practices.
- Extremely familiar with model virtualization and containerization technologies.
- Experience with Snowflakes, Azure SQL. Azure SQL data warehouse and Databricks will be an advantage
- Strong understanding of Linux/Unix + Windows
- Experience with NoSQL (DynamoDB, MongoDB), Relational (Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL) databases will be an advantage
- Good working understanding of enterprise networking concepts
- Willing to work on multiple projects at a time