JD for Cloud Platform Developer
We’re looking for an experienced Cloud Platform Developer to join our Industrial Services team. Working closely with our small Product and Engineering team, you’ll play a key role in building out functionality for Industrial Digital Services Platform and applications, contributing ideas and helping them understand technical and application requirements. You will support your team in developing end to end product features and helping to ensure applications are market-ready at launch, as well as in the monitoring, maintenance, operation, and upgrades of the applications.
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline with at least five years of professional experience.
- Experience in the end-to-end data centric application development
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS (S3, EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift) or equivalent.
- Experience developing scalable RESTful APIs.
- Experience using ReactJS/Node.js/Webpack
- Familiar with platform-as-a-service / distributed application frameworks such as Cloud Foundry, Elastic Beanstalk and Docker
- Familiarity with messaging Protocols (MQTT, LWM2M) an advantage
- Mobile application development a plus.
- Experience manipulating, processing and extracting value from large heterogeneous datasets and setting up data pipelines using relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres, Cassandra and MongoDB is highly desirable.
- Understanding of AI/ML models is a nice to have.
- Familiarity with data privacy regulations and best practices an advantage
- Familiarity with development tools such as Jira, Confluence, GIT, MS Devops
- Familiarity with development lifecycles and methodologies such as Agile Scrum
- Experience/familiarity in automation design, configuration management, continuous integration and release engineering tools (Docker, Jenkins, GIT, Ant etc)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to have in-depth technical discussions with both the engineering team and business people.
- Proven technical writing skills on engineered solutions.
- Willingness to share and learn from others.
- Can Do, Customer Centric Attitude.
- Tolerant of Ambiguity and Changing Environment.
- Self-starter and comfort working in an early-stage environment.