Cloud Infra Engineer
Location: Tempe, AZ/ Santa Clara, CA
Duration: 12 Months Contract
Rate: $Market /hr
Skills Required: AWS, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Networking,
You are a motivated cloud engineer who is passionate about building highly resilient, scalable, and secure architectures. You will be working within a collaborative cross-functional team, building, maintaining, and supporting environments running in cloud. This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in an early adoption into cloud. You will be focused on developing new processes, building automation, and self-service enabling other teams. The cloud engineer will need to be proficient in a number of AWS services and versatile to provide support across platform, DevOps, and security functions within this team. Members of this team will share on-call rotation duties to cover escalations and emergency fixes.
• Provides hands-on technical design and implementation to automate application build and deployment solutions
• Create and manage container clusters and application deployments
• Build self-service platform and infrastructure as code packages
• Automate, optimize and drive efficiency of this effort, code, and process
• Monitor the automated build and continuous integration process to ensure efficient build execution, and facilitate the resolution of build/release failures.
• Design & implement DevOps Best practices, establish standards and policies for managing source code and continuous integration/delivery.
• Create, maintain and share technical documentation used by engineers and other team members
• Ensures security is integrated into all cloud architecture solutions.
• Collaborate with development teams to help architect, configure, monitor, and support their services.
• Experience building, maintaining, and supporting environments in AWS • Hands-on experience with Terraform
• Knowledge of cloud technologies and cloud infrastructure, including networking, VPCs, VGWs, DNS
• Experience working with AWS SDK for automating management of AWS infrastructure
• Proficiency with migrating monolithic applications into AWS leveraging native services
• Experience writing technical documentation for a technical audience.
• Strong commitment to customer service and service enablement.
• Ability to communicate effectively with developers, quality assurance and site reliability engineers.
• Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of relevant experience or MS with 3+ years of relevant experience
• 5+ years of demonstrated experience in designing and developing complex distributed IT solutions (e.g. cloud, distributed systems or high-performance computing experience)
• 4+ years’ experience in operations management tools. Alerting & Monitoring, Provisioning & Deployment, Configuration Management, and Source Control, etc.
• Experience with Dockers, Kubernetes, and Containerization
• Demonstrated passion for infrastructure as code, continuous improvement, and a "can-do" attitude.
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate/Professional is a plus
• Linkerd or Istio experience a plus